Partition loss and partition recovery are common now a day, the only change is that the reason for partition loss differs. Mistakes are common in everyone’s life, but leaning to solve issues in a wise manner is how one succeeds. Unmounted boot partition or volume is one of the scenarios that you may face. Most of the people think that it is impossible to recover data from unmountable partitions. Unmountable partition error is similar to the blue screen of death. The reason behind showing the unmountable partition error is when your HDD or SSD is in trouble. This article will help you to restore data from unmountable partition.
Reasons for unmounting partitions errors
- File System Error – If your file system is corrupted, it will affect the master file table and results in the unmountable partition.
- Partitioning Error – The errors made while partitioning a drive will make your partition corrupted and unmountable.
- Virus Attacks – If your computer is infected by virus or malware threads, it will make your partition unmountable.
- Malfunctioning of OS – The malfunctioning of an Operating system will make partition unmountable.
- Abrupt Shutdown – The abrupt shutdown of a computer may result in a unmountable partition.
These are some of the reasons which lead to unmount of partitions. In such cases, you will not be able to access the files inside the partition. For recovering from unmountable partition, you can use Remo Partition Recover Software. It can restore your files just by following few steps.
Remo Partition Recover – Features
- Remo Partition Recover application can recover files which were bypassed from the recycle bin (using Shift + Delete key) or removed automatically by exceeding the size of recycle bin.
- It can restore files which was lost while re-installing the operating system.
- This application can recover the hard disk completely if the drive crash or does not boot.
- Remo Partition Recover tool can rescue files from the partitions which are damaged, deleted and missed due to partitioning error.
- Remo Partition Recover can recover deleted files, data from formatted partitions, corrupted and deleted partitions from an RAID0, RAID1, and RAID5 array.
- It can identify all file types including office documents, archives, photos, audio, video and other important file types on the basis of their unique signatures.
- Using the signature search feature, you can restore the files of specific file type.
- This application can sort your recovered data on the basis of the file name, date, size and file type.
- Using Remo Partition Recover, you can recover unmounted partitions from hard drives, external storage devices, FireWire Drives, etc.
- It supports recovery of data from FAT16, FAT32, NTFS, NTFS5, ExtFAT partitions.
- Using the “Save Recovery Session”, you can store the scanned session of unmountable partition.
- You can use the preview feature to ensure the files before restoring it.
Steps to Recover Files from Unmounted Partition
Step 1: Install and open the Remo Partition Recover utility. Select the Recover Drives option.
Step 2: Select the Partition Recovery option, choose your storage device and click next.
Step 3: After a successful scan, it will show the list of drives found. Select the drive from which you want to restore and click next.
Step 4: If you want to recover only a particular type file, you can search using the file type and click next, otherwise please click on the skip button.
Step 5: Now select the files you want to recover and press on next button and you can see a pop-up message by showing whether you want to save recovery session or not. If you want to store, please click on yes otherwise, select no.
Step 6: Select the location where you want to store the recovered data and press Next.
- Please ensure that you are taking regular backup of your important files.
- Avoid using unreliable applications for partitioning drives etc.
- Don’t terminate any application while it’s running.
- Use a quality antivirus security to protect your computer from virus attacks and malware threats.